Chemical Peels Specialist Q&A
Searching for a place to get chemical peels? At Fountains Medical, our trained professionals offer chemical peels that treat acne, wrinkles, blemishes, and scars. We are conveniently located at 120 Fountains Blvd Suite 2002, Madison, MS 39110. Please call us for more information or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Madison MS, Jackson MS, Ridgeland MS, Canton MS, Flora MS, Brandon MS, and Meltonville MS.
A chemical peel treatment takes about 30 minutes with the peeling process lasting anywhere from three to fourteen days. Throughout the peeling process, dead skin cells are removed from the skin by shedding or flaking off, revealing the fresh, new skin underneath. The effects of chemical peels will vary based on the strength of the peel:
Light Chemical Peels – Removing only the top, superficial layers of the skin, light chemical peels are gentle, with treatment medications like salicylic acid and glycolic acid causing only minimal peeling and redness as they work to remove the top layers and reveal fresher, younger skin. The effects of light chemical peels can typically be seen for an average of one to two months.
Yes, chemical peels are good for the skin and provide many benefits, such as rejuvenating aging skin, reducing the appearance of acne and acne scars, smoothing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, removing dead skin cells to reveal healthy ones underneath, moisturizing the skin and the promotion of collagen and elastin production for healthy looking skin.
There are many benefits to chemical peels, namely:
– Peels can make your skin-care products work better by removing layers of dead skin
– Can reduce acne and soften acne scars
– Effectively controls melasma
– Reduces the pigment buildup under the eyes
– Improves the color, clarity, tone and texture of skin
– Stimulates production of new collagen and growth of healthy skin cells
– Reduces discoloration caused by sun damage
– Helps to clear up breakouts
– Smooths the look of wrinkles and fine lines
– Increases hydration of the skin
– Addresses visible skin imperfections and superficial scars